![]() |
Final Rating: 4.1/5The Winter King is an entertaining retelling and expansion of a myth that has captivated humans since the 6th century. |
In the end however, there were a few topics and details that brought down my overall rating: combating and shockingly insulting Religious topics (that began to upset and bore me), long political and war strategies (that unfortunately dragged the overall pace of the story down), repetitive scenes/ actions and curses, the continued almost uncharacteristic emotional displays of strong male characters, Arthur's portrayal etc. Overall, I would still recommend this book and will read the next two in this series. Mr. Cornwell has broken any mold I have ever experienced or known that existed and paints with his pen a world that I will be pleased to enter again.
-First read at local library and then purchased title for kindle
Next in Series:
![]() |
Enemy of God (The Arthur Books #2)
by
Bernard Cornwell
|
![]() |
Excalibur (The Arthur Books #3)
by
Bernard Cornwell
|



No comments:
Post a Comment