![]() |
| Final Rating: 4/5 |
Historic homicides and wicked humor make one interesting long night…
Being more accustomed to fictional imaginative twists of the infamous historic murder cases of Victorian England, in the beginning I simply came to They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper with a dark curiosity but a primed open mind to traipse down more practical alleyways of facts, and to finally explore the known evidence and be confronted with an intense determined new voice of historical research. Well this narrative certainly accomplished all that and I’m happy to say I received my full money’s worth of specifics concerning one (if not the most) baffling murder mysteries the world has ever known along with gritty investigative writing that well explained many (and presented some very convincing) theories but also found a devilishly amusing companion that had me laughing out loud and kept me eagerly leaned forward in my chair to hear more from night after night. I think it is safe to say, this is one of those books that depends entirely on finding the right reader for though. I can see where unwavering myths and beliefs collide with some surprising offensive disclosures in this intense work and some readers are sure to not like what they may see (or hear) in They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper.
For this reader, I can’t honestly say I loved They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper but I did finish with my ears buzzing and mind twirling with lasting questions and respect for the research that was presented. Still after spending many nights with this impassioned title I also finished not entirely agreeing with this author’s long list of arguments and found the disconnected tone toward the victims, the confusing beginning context, fixation of certain clues and disappointing discarding of others (after a huge buildup) my main negatives with this book. That all fully aside, I would still readily recommend this book (audio version) to anyone who is prepared to explore the facts of the historic cases and the many gaslit alleyways of: elaborate conspiracies, mass corruption and sabotage, ancient society links, secret symbols and breakdowns of polite society all surrounding the greatest mystery that no writer could ever have penned or will probably ever correctly solve, but they sure are welcome to try and this reader will appreciate the effort.
-purchased and listened to the Audible version of this title

No comments:
Post a Comment