Friday, January 15, 2016

Rare Objects: A Novel by Kathleen Tessaro

Final Rating: 2.7/5
   Rare Objects is one of those books where strongly drawn characters nestled in my mind for awhile but I’m sad to say the surrounding story faded from memory very quickly though. In the beginning I had a completely different opinion about the story and I couldn’t walk too far from my kindle before I would find the time to come right back for more of the atmosphere, easily readable narration and a plot that excited my imagination with various displayed key interests. Unfortunately after the initial introductions of characters Rare Objects went into so many different directions of little tangled mysteries (many of those predictable), intricate metaphors and unexpected philosophical speeches with various concerns it just lost that incredible spark that ignited my excitement and by the final page I think it just tried to place one too many social, emotional, philosophical, orientation issues on top of one another that everything just fell and never seemed to come completely together for this reader. A shame after such wonderful opening chapters but this type of story with endless departing messages may be another reader's perfect cup of tea.

* I would like to thank Harper and Edelweiss for the opportunity to read Rare Objects

Title released: April 12, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment