![]() |
| Final Rating: 3.7/5 |
Decisions can be made but unfortunately some can trouble or haunt us many years later gnawing at our hearts with doubt if we really made the right ones. The Royal Nanny is a nostalgic story of just that dilemma as Charlotte Bill opens the door to greet a former king and the joyful and tragic reminiscences of her past. With a few poignant passages she gently takes the reader’s hand and takes us back to the lives and times of a changing world and behind the private closed gates of royal families. The more time we spend with this sentimental story the more we see that what matters most can be different for everyone and there may never be an easy road to happiness.
An overall lovely read awaits the reader who has been looking for this type of novel but for a few I can see this book may somewhat disappoint. By the final page, I’m sorry to say I found myself with that feeling. I adored and was enamored with the historical aspects that were shared within this novel but I grew tired at times of the narrator and forced characters and elements that sadly played out predictably through the pages. The ending was also odd with a noticeable shift of pace and description compared to the beginning chapters. Still I would recommend The Royal Nanny; I enjoyed this easy stroll through a portion of history I could never decline an invitation to visit. The dynamic royal families and personalities presented throughout this novel were wonderfully depicted with their individual charms and flaws but the most surprising feature of this novel may just be the beloved happy memories and smiles that bubbled up for me when comparing some domestic scenes with this wistful story of what matters most.
*I would like to thank William Morrow Paperbacks and Edelweiss for the opportunity to read and enjoy The Royal Nanny
Title released: June 21, 2016

No comments:
Post a Comment