![]() |
| Final Rating: 3.8/5 |
There is something so addicting about this series, perhaps it’s the dramatization of unleashed greed and malevolent complex machinations that play across chapters or the heart-pounding and gut twisting battle scenes that this author seems to revel in or maybe it just a combination of impressive history brought to graphic life by such a daring pen. Well whatever it is, this reader can’t stop turning the pages. Many authors may try to capture this period of history but very few can actually bring me back for more and with a brutal graphic opening not many would even attempt, I knew I made the right choice to pick Bloodline (Wars of the Roses #3) up and rejoin the raw visceral events that have become so familiar but yet so hard to look away from. Like the previous novels, Bloodline follows the timeline of the Wars of the Roses but this time takes us from over bloody gates, to alternating sides of battlefields into counsels of war and state with a finish that indicates a fourth novel that this reader is eagerly looking forward to.
Although exciting and savage, Bloodline (Wars of the Roses #3) did have a noticeable different presentation with its characters and dialogue portions unfortunately this time compared to Margaret of Anjou/ Trinity (Wars of the Roses #2) (UK release). For those returning to this series, Bloodline follows Stormbird’s (Wars of the Roses #1) theme of: more action less talking and if you love descriptive passages of historic battle scenes; Bloodline will definitely get your pulse racing. It may be only me but there were one or two scenes in this novel that completely took me into another series/franchise and I had to stop and remind myself what book I was reading and the setting. Chapters were certainly filled with energy but there were times I also had to stop and ask why a character was at a location or where another character came from. And finally, I will say that even though two of my favorite characters seemed to fade into the shadows in this work three stepped forward and either made triumphant returns or grand entrances into the growing storyline. All and all I would recommend Bloodline (Wars of the Roses #3), the dedication of interest to history is clear and this series is progressing quite nicely with trying to find a delicate balance between creative action packed drama(s) and realistic recreation(s) of the past.
* I would like to thank Penguin UK - Michael Joseph and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and enjoy Bloodline (Wars of the Roses #3)
Title Released: November 10, 2015
Other Titles in this Series:



No comments:
Post a Comment