![]() |
| Final Rating: 2.1/5 |
A light-hearted coming of age tale with a lot of the Luck of the Irish in its pages.
I won’t lie after reading this book’s description and glancing at the cover art I was anticipating a completely different type of story. I see many others are in love with this light-hearted coming of age tale with a lot of the Luck of the Irish in its pages and that is wonderful to see for a debut but this just wasn’t my type of book. It could also be that I had just finished hard hitting historical fiction titles that left strong impressions and excitement for similar reads. Unfortunately after those, I picked up The Edge of Lost and it just missed the mark on believability, historical details and strong storytelling for this reader. I can ignore one or two awkward coincidences but when every other chapter follows this theme and I keep checking to see what year the setting is because the dialogue and descriptions are sadly unconvincing and modern sounding, then I know I should quietly move on to other novels that have been waiting patiently but I did manage to finish and felt the absolute need to share my honest experience with this book before I moved onto my next title. I feel terrible to have this reaction because I was initially very excited about The Edge of Lost but it happens sometimes. Hopefully with its sentimental messages and this being the right time of year to search for heart-warming stories, it will find the perfect reader or group who want this type of novel to cozy up with.
* I would like to thank Kensington Books and NetGalley for the opportunity to read The Edge of Lost
Title Released: November 24, 2015

No comments:
Post a Comment