Sunday, December 6, 2015

Now Is the Time – Melvyn Bragg (Author), David Timson (Narrator)

Final Rating: 4.1/5

Took me night after night into 14th-century England and at many times I didn’t want to leave

The more I think about Now Is The Time, the more I can say I enjoyed this book. Told in alternating perspective chapters this title took me night after night into 14th-century England and at many times I didn’t want to leave or take my earphone out. The beginning chapters reminded me of understated classic historical fiction titles that in my mind have become must re-reads and those to share with new readers eager to experience history in many descriptive passages and introductions to fascinating characters. The final chapters though ran together leaving me with a different marked feel sadly but overall the elements of research and the commitment of weaving a strong yarn were clearly evident and there were many times I just lost track of time falling into this commanding world of diverse forms of power, avarice and desperate searches and battles for meaning and voices of the forgotten masses. Encountering this type of fine storytelling and excellent voice accompaniment was a perfect distraction for me and I would highly recommend this audio version for night-time listeners. 

-purchased and listened to Audible edition of this title 

No comments:

Post a Comment