![]() |
| Final Rating: 2.9/5 |
"One made of one's life what one was able"...and then there's Mrs. Campbell Lowe
Although Beautiful Lies was an elegant historical novel that captured multiple locations in Europe during 1887, I am sorry I did not enjoy this promenade of secrets and deceptions. This novel immersed this reader into familiar and enthralling details but lost me on the pacing and the repetitious nature and habits of the characters. A lot of patience is asked of the reader and perhaps I was not in the mood to submit, I was hoping more in terms of the appeal of the secrets or even the resolution but I guess this one just wasn't for me. However, the attention to historical detail was exquisite and I will be reading another title from Ms. Clark in the near future. I would recommend this read to those who love the Victorian Era and those readers who have been looking for an elegant read about a strong personality that wears a string of secrets with pride and walks the streets with a hint of a smile.
-read and purchased on kindle

No comments:
Post a Comment